Another week, another game

Approaching the end of the season, I'm beginning to look for patterns and conclusions. Maybe there aren't really any to be found, but it's fun to try. We've still a few games left, so I'll be thinking more about this when we're done; meanwhile this game exemplifies a couple of repeated themes:
  • My games include a lot of blunders (not all of them mine)

  • Very few games are completely, or even mostly, satisfying

The two are related, of course. Losing feels rubbish; and even winning isn't that great if the game wasn't good.

Put like that, it almost sounds as though I'm not enjoying my chess. That's not the case at all. Probably I should set myself a second end-season task of trying to figure out what I like about the game, and write something about that too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boring System