Sticking with the programme

I was going to post this game yesterday - but it seemed a little perverse to write a chess blog the day after Bobby Fischer's death, and say nothing about it. Still, nothing is exactly what I do want to say about him: there's more than enough Fischer material out there already, and much of it is far better than anything I'd be likely to contribute. So I'll stay with what I know.

Actually, I don't have much to say about this week's game either. I'm afraid it was all too straightforward. Mind you, last time I played this Opponent I found myself resigning after making only ten moves. (I wasn't blogging at the time, or that one might have tested my resolve to publish every game.) So I guess this effort represents some sort of improvement...

White missed opportunities for advantage from the opening (in particular the computer's amusing suggestion 13. Nd5), after which the game was about equal, briefly. 16. ... b4 looks dubious; after that I probably should have been trying to bail out into a bad endgame. 23. ... Qc6 is obviously a blunder in a bad position.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boring System